Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Snow

The heavens opened up
and the snow is falling
to the ground.
Everything is so quiet.
It is white all around.
We are having a blizzard,
weather Central is warning.
The winds will pick up speed.
They will be roaring by morning.
Oh Yeah!
Lets not forget
the ice and the sleet.
There won't be much traffic
moving up or down Main
street.
I hate the snow!
It makes me so mad!
I can't help my honey
shovel,
and that makes
me feel guilty and sad.
Fourteen inches have fallen
from out of the sky.
My honey puts on her boots
again.
I could just cry.
One day of rest
then more is on the way.
Weather Central warns another storm
will start on Wednesday.
I hate the snow!
I grumble and I groan.
It's like this bad weather
won't leave us alone.
This time around
it is going to be
one to three.
That doesn't seem like much
to worry about to me.
Oh no!
This time the trouble
will be in the form of
rain, sleet, and ice.
God, living in Wisconsin
is no Paradise.

No comments: