Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Wait, Just Sit And Wait

Wait, just wait.

My heart is breaking.
I can't see through my tears.
Just waiting for an answer
to alleviate my fears.

Wait, just wait.

I was told not to
think about it.
Find things to keep
my mind occupied.
But my thoughts and
my feelings keep returning.
My sadness can't subside

Wait, just wait

I want her to be
living near me.
Not the distance that
we now share.
I want to be able
to put my arms around her.
To show her that I care.

Wait, just wait

If she has to have treatments.
If they make her feel very weak.
I will hold her close
and let her know
that she can rest.
She doesn't need to speak.

Wait, just wait

I will stay close by her side.
I will be her strength.
I love her so much.
I will go to any length.

Wait, just wait

If her body can't take any
more and it is time for
her spirit to take
it's leave.
Even though my heart
will be breaking
I will hold her.
When she is gone
then I'll grieve.

No comments: