Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Merry Christmas

It's Christmas time.
We have decorated the tree.
It's standing in the corner
looking as pretty as can be.
The lights twinkle and they
shine bright.
The snow falls silently
through out the night.
I am safe and warm
in your loving arms.
With you I am protected
from all heartache and harm.
Shopping for the gifts.
Selecting just the right ones.
Then comes the wrapping
for me it's great fun.
But the best gift is found
when I look at you.
It's the gift of your love
that I know is true.
Your love is a gift
that was meant to be
just mine.
A gift that I know
will out last time.
You are the greatest gift
that I will ever receive.
In you and your love
I do believe.
You know me well.
Inside and out.
In you and your love
I have not a doubt.
With your love and security
I have found my peace.
All my fears and concerns
I can now release.
Christmas is a time
for yuletide cheer.
I know that my Christmas
will be merry
because I have you near.

No comments: